This is an entry level role where the candidate will be expected to support the team by performing basic accounting and finance administrative tasks. The role will mainly focus on Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable related tasks and therefore a knowledge of basic bookkeeping would be desirable.
- Report to the Head of Finance whilst offering support and collaborating with the Finance team
- Ensure that business bank accounts are reconciled regularly and accurately, including allocating receipts and payments to the correct customers and suppliers.
- Ensure that supplier invoices are recorded correctly
- Ensure that staff expenses have been completed and recorded properly
- Assist with producing outstanding invoice reports.
- Assist with credit control by producing customer notices and warnings for late payments
- Producing adhoc Finance reports
- Assist with internal Finance related queries
Competencies & Experience
- This is an entry level role but some experience of working within a Finance/Operations/Administrative team also welcome
- Ideally the candidate will have studied numerical qualifications at A-Level or higher education (started AAT desirable)
- Basic understanding of debits & credits, purchase ledgers and sales ledgers is desirable but not essential
- The candidate must be tech savvy (MS Office), numerically minded, logical thinker and good at problem solving
- Excellent written communication and verbal presentation skills
- A collaborative approach to working with others and committed to an inclusive environment