Business Development Apprentice
London, United Kingdom
About IFX Payments
IFX Payments is a leading privately-owned UK foreign exchange payments business, regulated by the FCA as an Authorised Electronic Money Institution (AEMI), “passported” across all 28 EEA member states and operating in the UK, wider EU, and Dubai UAE.
IFX Payments is at an inflection point in its growth and business potential. The systems and applications are in place to lift revenues and increase profitability significantly in the short term, as the company penetrates transaction banking markets to add low cost annuity revenue streams, alongside its strong and growing core payments business.
As a result of ongoing investment in pervasive payments automation technology, the company is strongly placed to penetrate new FinTech markets, with future strategies expected to sustain high growth.
The main objective of the role is to build a robust and deliverable sales pipeline that complements our
FX, Payments and FinTech product suite which operates in the international transaction banking space.
This position will work closely with the FX and FinTech Payments Sales Teams to develop their industry verticals with suitable prospects. Candidates must be articulate, accountable, and maintain a high level of professionalism.
This position will require teamwork and independent interaction with prospective clients. Key to success in this role is the candidate develops an understanding of IFX full suite of FX, Payments and Cash Management solutions – full training will be given in this regard. Candidates will have the opportunity to learn a full range of skills that will pave the way for a future role in sales or one of the other areas within IFX.
- Helping team to build a qualified prospect pipeline
- Conduct ongoing research to identify suitable lines of business for FX services
- Support sales team to effectively lead source through trade publications, newspapers, conferences, internet sites etc.
- Telemarketing; to identify decision-makers, build relationships, and secure new business opportunities
- Conduct face to face meetings with prospects
- Assist in securing new business
- FX contract administration and execution
- Participate in strategy development, planning and development of a profitable corporate team
- Meet prospects to sell various products with the sales lead to ensure smooth implementation of services for acquired clients and handover Client Services team post activation
- Perform KYC analysis related documentation, as & when required – full training will be provided
- Assist in the ongoing growth build a steady revenue trajectory for the FX and FinTech business with a primary focus is on acquiring names for their cross border flows
- The job requires multiple levels of engagement with sales, product, operations and technology and perseverance at the client level
- Ability to identifying prospects by various data sources/area mapping etc. and building a strong pipeline for month on month conversions
- Strong selling skills built on trust and reliability
- Excellent communicator
- Self-managed and motivated
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills are essential
- Good level of PC literacy and Microsoft Office