As the Compliance Specialist you will support the IFX business predominantly the Onboarding team servicing mainly corporate clients.
You will work directly with the Due Diligence Manager and Sales/Client Relationship managers that are responsible for the client relationships to complete client KYC adoptions and reviews, ensuring strict adherence to IFX KYC policy and procedures & Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance requirements.
This particular role will be focus on the onboarding of new clients which will involve CDD and EDD checks, including PEP, sanctions and adverse media screening, ownership structure, risk assessments, and occasional compliance audits with clients.
- Undertaking AML/CDD checks and risk assessments for new onboarding corporate clients
- Reviewing and carrying out PEP, Sanction and Adverse Media checks as necessary, ensuring ongoing checks are completed in a timely fashion and any false positives are recorded and escalated as required
- Understanding the identification of high-risk applications that require Enhanced Due Diligence. Complete full report to Senior Management for review on new
- Understanding of High Risk industries onboarding and the risk associated
- Supporting the Due Diligence Manager in presentation of clients in relevant internal committees
- Conducting event driven reviews and periodic review when required
Competencies & Experience:
- Professional qualification in KYC, KYB or AML in desire
- Relevant experience in a similar role with a minimum of 2 years’ within a Financial Institution
- An understanding of KYC law – regulations, compliance risk as well as non-financial risk, and documentation aspects of KYC process for correspondent banking relationships
- Experience in conducting risk assessment on various corporate structures such us Funds, Charities, Trusts, Partnerships
- Motivated self-starter who can handle competing priorities and work effectively in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and organisational skills; a proactive and fast learner
- Strong writing skills, capability to document relevant information in a clear, structured and comprehensive way
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority
- Team player with strong work ethics
- Resilience and commitment, ability to plan, prioritise and work under pressure
- Accuracy, diligence and the ability to deliver high quality results within tight deadline
- Command of MS Office applications and general computer proficiency