Executive Dealer – 360 Trading
London, United Kingdom
About IFX Payments
IFX Payments is a leading privately-owned UK foreign exchange payments business, regulated by the FCA as an Authorised Electronic Money Institution (AEMI), “passported” across all 28 EEA member states and operating in the UK, wider EU, and Dubai UAE.
IFX Payments is at an inflection point in its growth and business potential. The systems and applications are in place to lift revenues and increase profitability significantly in the short term, as the company penetrates transaction banking markets to add low cost annuity revenue streams, alongside its strong and growing core payments business.
As a result of ongoing investment in pervasive payments automation technology, the company is strongly placed to penetrate new FinTech markets, with future strategies expected to sustain high growth.
Executive Dealers work as part of the 360 sales team, comprised of experienced professionals who build and manage individual client portfolios with support from the IFX management team. The 360 role is varied and offers outstanding opportunity to grow a high value personal portfolio.
IFX’s strategy is the creation of long-term business relationships with commercial and private clients through the provision of responsive, cost effective and accurate service. The primary components of this job are new business sales and client service delivery and dealers are responsible for managing customer relationships, maintaining compliance, and upholding quality and accuracy.
Progression is not automatic, high standards of professionalism and strong personal presence are essential in the role. Senior dealers are expected to assume a leadership role on the 360 dealer team, and assist managers in mentoring and assisting junior staff.
IFX is seeking composed and articulate senior business people who comfortably interact at senior management level in high value client organisations.
Build a qualified prospect pipeline
- Conduct ongoing research to identify suitable lines of business for FX services.
- Lead sourcing through trade publications, newspapers, conferences, Internet sites etc.
- Telemarketing; to identify decision makers, build relationships, and secure new business opportunities.
- Conduct face to face meetings with prospects.
Secure new business
- Conduct due diligence on prospective clients
- Ensure compliance with AML regulation, and other FCA related requirements
- FX Contract administration and execution, and system input
- Maintain ongoing contact with relevant client personnel
- Build consultative business relationships with key client employees
- Respond promptly to service requests
- Execute trades
- Maintain IFX margins through effective monitoring of market movements and strong negotiating
- Input accurate payment instructions
Build a broad long-term client portfolio
- Successful ongoing telemarketing and research
- Maintenance of a prospect pipeline and prospecting records
- Secure referral business through influential customers
- Retain customer loyalty through responsive, cost effective service
- Deploy IFX management to build multi-level relationships in customer organisations
- Client revenues of £5,000 p/m by third month
- High standards of representation and support inside and outside IFX
Experience & Requirements
- Minimum three years foreign exchange industry sales experience
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets in FX
- Resilient and ambitious sales professional with strong analytical skills
- Confidence and poise in business situations at senior executive level.
- Strong relationship building and negotiating skills
- High level of business awareness- existing knowledge of FX trading is essential
- Excellent numeracy and sound administrative attitudes
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Good work ethic
- Basic IT skills
Details on request.