This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated paralegal to join our legal team. The individual will be a self-starter and team player. The successful candidate can expect to receive high quality training from a knowledgeable, passionate and committed team, working in a dynamic and fast-paced in environment.
- Responsibility for maintaining the shared legal team mailbox and oversight of internal legal instructions or queries.
- Responding to enquiries to the shared legal inbox, with supervision.
- Responsibility for legal document management system.
- Ownership contract renewal/expiry and ensuring that stakeholders are given notice of the same.
- Full ownership of signing processes (via DocuSign or otherwise).
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents (NDAs, complaints responses, basic commercial contracts).
- Handling complaints and dispute resolution, with supervision.
- Creating precedent legal documentation, with supervision.
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of self-serve and training materials for stakeholders.
- Conducting and presenting legal and industry research, to include horizon scanning.
- Collaborating with stakeholders across various business disciplines to implement and improve processes.
- Implementing retention and purge of data in line with policies.
- Assisting with company secretarial responsibilities.
- Ad hoc support for day-to-day legal tasks.
- Some administrative tasks.
Competencies & Experience:
- Experience in maintaining a central log of legal instructions, as well as supporting timely internal client service delivery.
- Established contract management experience.
- Experience or understanding of working for a regulated business.
- LLB, GDL or LPC or BVC.
- Demonstrable ability to work to deadlines and be able to complete tasks under pressure.
- Demonstrable attention to detail.
- A highly organised individual with a proven ability to implement processes.
- Proven ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Excellent written communication and verbal presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
- Experience working in-house (may include secondments from any private practice role or work experience).