As a Senior Product Owner you will own a product stream and work with the business and development team to deliver on the objectives of your stream, managing the whole product lifecycle from ideation to delivery.
- You can identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes.
- You can think of new and innovative ways of working to achieve the right outcomes and you know how to help the team to decide the best approach.
- You can help teams to manage and visualise outcomes, prioritise work and work to agreed minimum viable product (MVP), print and scope.
- You can provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project
- You ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- You can assess value, develop cases, and prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy, working closely and collaborating with your Product colleagues
- You can provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- You can lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- You can provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
Requirements definition and management.
- You know how to lead on requirements analysis and take responsibility for the investigation and implementation of changes to programme scope.
- You can define standards and targets and engage stakeholders, managing multiple stakeholder perspectives and expectations.
- You set the methods and standards for eliciting requirements, defining standards and quality targets.
- You understand the difference between user needs and the desires of the user.
- You can champion user research to focus on all users.
- You can prioritise and define approaches to understand the user story, guiding others in doing so.
- You can offer recommendations on the best tools and methods to be used.
- You know how to apply strategic thinking in how to provide the best service for the end user.
Stakeholder relationship management.
- You can influence important senior stakeholders and provide an arbitration function.
- You can take responsibility for investigative work into problems and opportunities in existing and new services.
- You can own methods and identify the most suitable approach out of a variety of approaches.
- You can analyse large amounts of complex information and use it to produce solutions.
- You can ensure that recommendations fit with strategic business objectives.
- You are able to actively manage senior stakeholders and create a compelling case for change
Business process testing.
- You can be accountable for the integrity of user acceptance testing and acceptance activities; you can coordinate the execution of these activities.
- You know how to manage client (internal and external) relationships with respect to testing matters.
Methods and tools.
- You can provide the direction for teams in using the most appropriate tools and methodologies and introduce new ones
- You can define and own the product documentation strategy for your area and ensure documentation is suitable for multiple audiences, including technical, user and client facing
- Experience within a FinTech/scale up
- Attracted to a fast paced environment
- Strong writing skills, capability to document relevant information in a clear, structured and comprehensive way
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority
- Team player with strong work ethics
- Resilience and commitment, ability to plan, prioritize and work under pressure
- Accuracy, diligence and the ability to deliver high quality results within tight deadlines